Travelling means chances of ill-health, not only physically but mentally too if something wrong and unwanted happens. Although we say travelling is must and one should bring this into their life and schedule so that they can work sound with their professional as well as personal life but things may go in wrong direction if you land up into some problems. Some problems can occur because of self-carelessness but there are many things on which we do not have any control. As these situations are uncontrollable so all we can do is to walk on the safer side and take possible precautions, so that if at all we fall into something we will have proper knowledge and backup to get through them. There are many things which you need to do or can do if you fall into some unwanted situation but some of the most important security and health measures are:
- Clear your medical sector: Before going anywhere, especially out of the country, you should check-in with your doctor so that you can get a clear chit from your medical point of view. If you have any kind of medical problem them you should not leave your place unless you take the proper vaccination. It is because in other countries where you will not be able to reach to your doctor immediately, and at the time of emergency, this may be a danger for your health. For all possible reason it is always better to get vaccination and updated prescription so that, you can complete travelling safely.
- Check all the insurance carefully: Insurance is another sector, which needs to be checked carefully so that you can figure out what all facilities you are provided like, medical insurance, you can check what all your medical insurance gives you and what the norms and conditions. At the time of need just because of knowledge and complete information, we left with no sources of help and support. If you will complete knowledge then you can plan things prior in your head so that I anything happens, you will not fall short with ideas and steps to follow. Many times, our already made insurances do not provide sufficient support, so in such cases when you feel like more liability then you can take help of travel insurance. So, that you can enjoy your trip freely and also tension free, without any responsibility of management.
- Carry a copy of your passport: The possibility and probability of losing one’s luggage is always high, especially when you are not aware of the place and its people. In the whole process of stealing and losing, the person that gets affected is you, and the problem reaches its limit when you lose your passport. So, it is better to always carry a copy of your passport and that keep both the original and the copy at different places like, you can keep the copy in your pocket. This way even if lose any one of them, you will still have something to prove your identity and verification.
- Leave a copy of your passport at your place: This is the best thing you can do for yourself before leaving your country. By leaving a copy of your passport at your place, you actually tend to keep extra backup because you cannot guarantee whether the extra copy made and carried by you will remain safe or not. So, if you will have an extra copy then you will always be at the safer side, although digital is the best way to keep them but you can choose any form to safeguard your personal details. You can even give that copy to a person you trust if you do not have anyone at home so that they can quickly operate when are in need.
- Importance of embassy: If you are registered with your embassy then at the time of any mishappening it will be easier for your government to contact you and get back you to your own country. Registering yourself with your embassy is just an add-on to your security as it helps you and also your government to reach to one another.