Ananthagiri Hill is one of Andhra Pradesh’s most attractive and magnificent tourist attractions. Without a doubt, it has established itself as one of India’s greatest tourist attractions. The Ananthagiri Hills are primarily known for providing water to Osmansagar and Himayathsagar. Ananthagiri is a hill town with old caverns, temples, and mediaeval fort palaces that depict the history of the region. The area includes some of the best hiking trails, making it a trekker’s paradise. The town is stunningly gorgeous and gleaming, oozing charm and the aroma of coffee while also displaying the splendour of unique flora. With romance in every part of the region, it is ideal for both honeymooners and family tourists. Trekkers and adventurers flock to this popular trekking and adventure location.
What is the best time to visit?
Although visitors can visit Ananthagiri Hills at any time of year, it is advisable to come between October and March. These are the months when they can enjoy pleasant weather during the winter. This is the best time for them to pack their luggage and plan a trip to the Ananthagiri Hills. The entire area is clothed with lush vegetation during this season, and nature is as attractive as a bride. People may smell the aroma of fresh coffee beans in the air, which improves the overall atmosphere. Summers are usually avoided because of the high temperatures, which can reach 40 degrees Celsius and cause humid conditions. Excessive rain makes monsoons undesirable for trekking, boating, and other outdoor activities, as it raises the danger of harm.
How to get Ananthagiri Hills?
If people want to visit Ananthagiri Hills, they can do so via one of three modes of transportation: aeroplane, road transport, or trains.
- By air: Visakhapatnam Airport, about 58 kilometres distant, is the closest airport to the Ananthagiri Hills. Rajeev Gandhi International Airport is located in Hyderabad, the state’s capital. This is well connected to major cities such as Delhi, Mumbai, and Kolkata, among others. They can rent a cab outside the airport to cover the remaining 100 kilometres to Ananthagiri.
- By road: Those on a family vacation or tourists who want to see Ananthagiri Hills can take a bus or a cab there.
- By rail: Srikakulam is the nearest railway station to Ananthagiri. It is 3 kilometres away from Anantgiri. Vikarabad, about 6 kilometres from Ananthagiri, is the other major railway station. They can take a bus or a cab to their destination from outside the station.
Ananthagiri Hills is a popular weekend getaway destination for nature lovers, adventure seekers, and visitors from all over the country. Ananthagiri is known for its particular charm and beauty, which never fails to enchant tourists. Ananthagiri Hills offers a wide range of tourist activities, from resting in the greenery at night camping and staring under the stars to getting an adrenaline rush by taking a short excursion to Ananthagiri Hills. They visit Borra Caves, Padmapuram Gardens, and Katiki Waterfalls, all of which are located near Ananthagiri Hills. The following is a list of the most important attractions in the Ananthagiri Hills:
- Borra Caves- Borra Caves is one of Vizag’s top tourist attractions, especially for those who appreciate mystery and suspense. Borra Caves, located in Araku Valley’s Anantha Hilla, would be a great place for them to walk. On India’s East Coast, the Borra Caves are a famous tourist site. They encompass an area of 2 square kilometres and stand at a height of 1400 metres, making them one of the most stunning natural wonders. Borra Caves is a terrific place to go if you like animals because there are bats and golden geckos hiding in the crevices. The Borra Caves contain a small temple dedicated to Lord Shiva that has been built outside the cave, making it a Hindu holy site.
- Ananthagiri Hills Viewpoint- Ananthagiri Hills Viewpoint, also known as Godamguda Viewpoint, is one of the best sites for visitors to go to get a bird’s eye view of the hills. Furthermore, trekking to the point or getting it is not difficult. When visitors arrive, they may spend valuable time together, create memories against Ananthagiri’s lush green backdrop, and relax in the cool wind. Ananthagiri Hills is a popular tourist site because it allows people to get up and personal with nature while shooting its unique scenery.
- Padmapuram Gardens- Padmapuram Gardens is a place where visitors may see three of the best cottages in the Araku Valley. The magnificent tree houses are suspended 10 feet above the ground and swing along the tree. It is one of the best places to spend time with family and loved ones in the Ananthagiri Hills.
- Musi River- The formation of this river, which serves as the lifeblood of the Hyderabad region, is credited to these hills near Vikarabad. The Musi River is a tributary of the larger Krishna River, which flows through the hills and the entire state of Telangana, and is also known as the Muchukunda River after a sage. The Musi River, which is probably one of the nicest places to visit in the Ananthagiri Hills, is a must-see for everyone interested in seeing a sacred river.
- Katiki Waterfalls- Visitors can enjoy the water stream that falls from a height of 50 feet at Borra Caves after a 2-kilometre stroll. The waterfall is a renowned tourist spot with spectacular views. While on their tour, they can take beautiful photographs and enjoy a cup of coffee while admiring the scenery. One of the things to do in the Ananthagiri Hills is go trekking, which is a lot of fun and adventure. Katiki Waterfall might help them forget about their problems since the cool breeze, lush greenery, and soothing sounds of the Katiki Waterfall help to ease their minds. They can either swim or have fun with family and friends in the water, or they can dip their legs in the water. One of the most gorgeous places to visit in the Ananthagiri Hills area is Katiki Waterfalls.