Old Delhi is known for a number of thingsto attract a number of visitors right from its narrow streets, street food to historical places. It counts in a prominent place when it comes to visit Delhi. Without Old Delhi, Delhi is incomplete. We can’t imagine Delhi without the charm of Old Delhi. Be it Chandni Chawk, Forts, Street Food, Delhiites can go without the taste of Old Delhi. And that’s why many visitors come to visit Old Delhi.
Place Which You Must Visit:-
- Red Fort: – Red Fort adds great value to the shine of Old Delhi. Be it summer, winter or rainy season, people come every day from all around the world to visit Red Fort. It was built by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan and it’s also known as Lal Quila. It’s made from huge red sandstone and explore the incredible architecture of the royal Mughal era. It locates adjacent to Yamuna river. A number of extraordinary places are available inside Lal Quila like Diwan-e-aam, Diwan-e-Khas and so on. The charge fee is rupees 100 for foreigners.
- Chandni Chowk :- How can we talk about Old Delhi without taking the name of Chandni Chowk. It just opposite of Red Fort. Chandni Chowk does not hold a great history but it associate to modern India too. It’s has a great wholesale market. The motive behind building this market was having an attractive market shining under the light of the moon. Not for market, but it’s agreat place for the foodie. Street food is just mouth-watering and quite delicious.
- Jama Masjid :- Jama Masjid is also adjacent to Red Fort and takes few minutes to reach there. Jama Masjid is one of the prominent place. The architecture is incredible and it holds three huge gateways.
- Raj Ghat:- It’s the place where the Mahatma Gandhi was cremated. Adjacent to Raj Ghat, there are other Ghats too of Indira Gandhi, Rajeev Gandhi and Sanjay Gandhi where they all were cremated.
What To Do in Old Delhi :-
- Must try Dilli-Ki-Spicy-Chatt, Chaat Papdi, Tikki, Pani Puri and so on which can be found in Chandni Chowk.
- Don’t forget to take a stroll towards Humayun’s Tomb.
- Must head to Dargah of Nizamuddin Auliya which a holy place of Islam’s religious in order to wish to hear Qawwalis.
- If love to do shopping then make a stroll to Janpath. You can stylish apparels, jewellery, bags, footwear at very reasonable price.
- Get ready to lose in the narrows streets of Old Delhi if wish to go along with traditional apparels, jewellery, books and spices.
- Delicious south Indian food can be tasted at Janpath. Masala Dosa is quite famous here.
- Head to Hauzkhas Village in order to go along with incredible tomb, architecture and art.
Have you made your mood to make your plan for Old Delhi? If yes!!! Then, don’t forget to add all these above mentioned points in your mind. Don’t forget to aware us what you like the most in this article. Stay connected with us.