Do you love travelling? If YES and you are quite conscious to visit all lovely states situate in India than don’t dare to skip Sikkim. Not only beautiful by name but it’s blessed by unconditional natural beauty and culture. You must go to visit it otherwise your journey would not be considered without seeing Sikkim. This place is bordered by China, Nepal and Bhutan. Though, many Indians are not aware if this place locates in India due to its remoteness but when you explore it closely, you will come to know about it. This place is dipped in Buddhist culture. Since it’s small in size but having incredible beauty will not let you realize. Let’s have a look what you must not miss in your journey. Take a look.
- Gangtok :- This name comes first whenever it’s talked about the beautiful places of Gangtok is a capital of Sikkim and locate on a cloudy ridge 5,500 feet above from sea level. You may hear about Khangchendzonga which is known as the world’s third highest mountain, you take a look of that here. To explore Gangtok, you have to stay here at least two days.
- Monasteries: -It’s the place to meditateown self since it’s quite cool and peaceful place. You may head to Monasteries to spend some quality time with yourself. Visiting Monasteries means go along with coolness. A total number of 200 and more than itsmonasteries dots can be found here. And the most visited monasteries in Sikkim is Rumtek, Pemayangtse and Tashiding. And the one of the oldestMonastery is Sanga-Choeling.
- Nathu La :- To approach this place from east of Gangtook, it takes three hours. It was came in use before 1962 and regarded as a major passageway on the old silk route between India and Tibet. Now, this place consist a lone barbed wire fence. You will get enthralled by seeing soldier on the other side. You may not be allowed to see it closely but by maintaining distance.
- Flora and Fauna Sanctuaries:- It’s WOW factor of Sikkim since it abounds in a myriad of variety of birds, animal and flower. It will leave you speechless because of having over 450 species of birds, 400 species of butterflies, 450 varieties of orchids, and 40 species of rhododendron. Varsey Rhododendron Sanctuary,
- Yuksom and the Dzongri Trail:- Sikkim one of the favourite place who love to go along with the beauty of the mountain. Magnificent rhododendron gardens and rivers will defiantly lift up your mood. You visit here between March to May since it’s an ideal time to go there.
Though the best five places have been described but the list is too long. And you can’t experience the beauty of this place without visiting it. If you have made up your mind to visit this place then you must not leave the chance. Sikkim is an excellent place to get rid of tensions. Make your plan and explore the beauty of nature. Have a Happy Journey to you